I am desperate for a break….from all kinds of responsibilities and needs and requests.
It is school holidays here and I guess we all have a break from the normal routine.
So I have been thinking about family life, work, gift and talents and how I should be spending my time. Do you ever have time for such work? Imagining the next big project, my best use of time. I have 2 and a half more years before my youngest is at school full time. So how will I use those short years?
It is strange but all I want to do is organise my desk. Do you have days like this?
Some days I stumble across inspiration. Reading The Design Files (as I do daily) my eye caught this piece of art on a house tour of Barbara Hyman. When I did a bit of exploring on the web I discovered that Rebecca Cool is the artist of a gorgeous children’s book Isabella’s Garden by Glenda Millard; a story that our family have enjoyed. Her work is bright, naive and at times chaotic. But I am sure it will cause you to smile.
So thanks to Lucy Feagins at The Design Files I have heard about another online magazine called RUE coming out of the US, and yes it is beautiful. I found my chairs on page 73 and quite a bit of mid century design for inspiration. And apparently peach, yes I mean the colour is in. Who would have thought! If you were wondering what Rue is all about, this is what the editors Crystal and Anne say :
- That every color can be your favorite colour.
- That great taste comes in many forms: the fringe of a carpet, the pull of a drawer, the lines of a sofa, the curve of a smile.
- That a good can of paint atones for a multitude of sins.
- That friendship can be forged across continents by only a kind word and a shared lust for leopard print pillows.
- That a glass of pink champagne really does a party make.
- That everyone has the talent and drive to design their most beautiful life–we all just need a little nudge in the right direction.
- That inspiration is everywhere.
Enjoy this one – add a bookmark. Your bookshelf must be getting full by now!
I really have a thing for linen at the moment. I have been using a gorgeous linen mix to back my handmade quilts. But these curtains (See left) are fabulous. I have noticed that you can find pairs of Linen curtains at Ikea. Have you seen them? I really love the fabric and feel……where can I put them. And will the pre bought drop be long enough in our old house.
If you are interested in seeing more of this cute house check out the design files. This house belongs to Kristine of Townmouse fame. It is a lovely house and she obviously likes linen too.
photos: the designfiles