In amongst the work of the day I have managed to:
- Listen to a great talk on Sarah Edwards by Noel Piper
- Cut and piece great fabric
- Eat dark chocolate
- Share dinner with my parents
- Read Piper about praying and ransacking the bible!
- Contemplate my calling as wife, mother, woman of God
- Read some favourite blogs and browsed some new ones
- Work- and say yes to more work
- Try a new eyeshadow
- Love my kids
- Talk with “A” while he is away
- Called a friend
The image is of Heather Bailey’s Freshcut range of fabric. These pieces are now sewn up and quilted, snuggled around two of my girls.
This has been a huge week for many reasons:
- Maddy has been to school swimming lessons in rain and shine – but is swimming so well
- Lily went to her “school”, aka childcare for three days in a row and survived, alebit with a few more tears than desired
- Jakob is enjoying his new teacher, who as fate would have it, I had as a teacher in Grade one!!
- Isabella is white board monitor and is responsible for cleaning her classboard each day. She has woken at 4.15am for the last three days now….with nightmares and goodmares, but basically has woken to get in bed with us
- Andrew has managed to care for 4 kids for days alone ( with the help of my wonderful parents!!) and work and manage the juggle
- Susan survived 2 plane rides…and AA it was actually ok. Both times I was seated in an emergency exit and was instructed how to safely exit the plane in the event that we needed to leave suddenly. Aaaahhhh….the medication helped I think!
- I also survived a night in the big smoke in my own apartment and went to meetings. How grown up!
- We celebrated Chinese New Year with Mum and Dad. The kids are having Chinese lessons with my Dad – so it all has more meaning this year.
- Andrew is a wedding singer. He has been preparing 2 fabulous pieces to sing at a wedding today – a Muse song and one by David Crowder
- Andrew has just made us all Bill’s blueberry and buckwheat pancakes. Delicious.
More celebrations continued on our arrival home from holidays. My father’s birthday is 2 days after Bella’s so we shared a meal and cake with them both. Several days later Bella was also fortunate enough to have 2 friends over for a play and”afternoon tea”. Not a party this time but tea. In particular the much talked about and celebrated “kinder” friend Daniel. We made necklaces with fruit loop – I swear the best spent $3!
This week has been a bit crazy with A back at work and the roller coaster of medicine and effectively running your own business. This has coincided with me returning to work and the logistics of childcare and leaving my “baby”. Lily cried for a tiny bit, but was fine. When I arrived to pick her up she was painting!
On a sad note Heath Ledger died and the stock markets around the globe are going crazy with major falls. One must trust God in all this craziness.