- The game is framed by advertising.
- You create your own AVATAR.
- The game has a permanent online chat that is moderated BUT players use their own language to check out potential “HOT GFs.” (Hot girlfriends!)
- You can turn the chat line off but an aim of the game is to chat and trade.
- You may not want your child saying prayers to foreign God’s even in a game so that he can win goods and power.
- It is recommended for teens not tweens ( even though this is the largest market for the game)
- There is evidence of some players killing for no reason other than to “KILL”. This has been titled playkilling and is not a part of the intended or imagined game.
We have read reviews and had discussions with our child and he in turn has asked friends why they play. The conclusion…..is well, we would be happy to have your help here. If you know of the game check it out and make a comment.
Some have likened it to Dungeons and Dragons. And I know there are some of you who read this who know what that is all about.
I suspect that there are other more general rules that one must have about screen time and general viewing and playing that informs one’s decision about Runescape.