We are having a beautiful Melbourne time here over the school holidays…a week of mad rushing around getting our fix of an old urban life. For A and I it is always a trip down memory lane as we drive past both of our old houses and say, “Look, that is the house where you were born and where we did…..”
We have rented a townhouse in the inner city and it has been brilliant so far. So close to everything…50 metres from a main shopping strip and the heart of real city life.
So far we have:
- Played in the rain at the zoo
- eaten at Tran Tran
- Had coffee at Brunetti in Carlton
- Yum Cha at Plume, Doncaster (…with sisters(in-laws) and babe)
- Heard John Hiatt at the National Theatre, St Kilda
- Had dinner with friends and more friends and more friends
- Shopped at all the good op shops and some new shops
- Breakfast at Torch, Richmond
- Churched at St Judes
Now the work, conferences and meetings begin…..and we have barely sat down in days. But it is energising. More to follow….with pictures.