We have all hit the road today….4 hours to town. We managed it with only one toilet and coffee break.
Things I know about family travel:
- No sweet drinks in the car – water bottles all round
- Milk arrowroots for the little ones
- Fruit and nut bars for a quick pick me up
- Peppermints to off set travel sickness (this didn’t quite work today – number three was sick!)
- Good combination of DVDs, CDs and Podcasts for the entertainment
- And homemade chicken, mayonaise and lettuce sandwiches for a quick luncheon on the move
Usually I would use leftover roasted chicken in a sandwich but today I poached some chicken thigh fillets and these were succulent in a simple sanga. I am sure the white bread made it more fun for us all – a bit of a treat….no seed or chunky bits!