We all love chocolate but sometimes it is good to offer something a bit different at Easter. These little bunnies are fun. Nigella Lawson’s butter biscuit recipe, a few silver pearls and they are bundled up with eggs and some decorations. Here is the basic recipe if you want to get baking. Add your own decorations and icing.
Nigella Lawson’s Cut-Out Cookies
- 90 g unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 0.50 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 0.50 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and moving towards moussiness, then beat in the egg and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and eggs, and mix gently but surely. If you
- Sprinkle a suitable surface with flour, place disk of dough on it, and sprinkle a little more flour on top of that. Then roll it out to a thickness of about 1/2 cm. Cut into shapes, dipping the cutter into flour as you go, and place the cookies a little a
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes; obviously it depends on the shape you’re using and whether they are on the upper or lower shelf, though you can swap them around after about 5 minutes. When they’re ready expect them to be tinged a pronounced gold around the edge
- Remove the cookies with a flat, preferably flexible, spatula to a wire rack.